- PhD Physics/Nanosciences - Ecole Polytechnique (FR)
- MSc Physics - Ecole Polytechnique (FR)
- MSc Biophysics - Kharkiv Karazin National University (UA)
- BSc Applied Physics - Kharkiv Karazin National University (UA)
Mariya is a computational condensed matter physicist. She received her Ph.D. degree from Ecole Polytechnique, France, where she was working on the investigation of spectroscopic properties of defects in semiconductors under high pressure. At the Vlcek group, her work focuses on the development of stochastic many-body techniques for electronic structure calculations. She is interested in materials for quantum technologies: defects, low-dimensional heterostructures, and interfaces.
- Many-body interactions in low dimensional systems
- Development of stochastic many-body techniques